Our complete iOS 13 app development course teaches you how to program in Swift and build beautiful iOS apps. It was developed and refined through years of in-person teaching. It's composed of a combination of guided tutorials and challenges. By the end of the 15 module course, you will be fluently programming in Swift 5 and understand the fundamentals of designing iOS apps in Xcode 11.
What you will learn
- Xcode IDE: Xcode is key for making an app. Students learn to set up projects, use the Storyboard and Interface Builder, integrate third party libraries and CocoaPods into projects, and debug their apps based on compiler warnings and error reports in the console.
- App Behaviour: How to connect UI elements to code using IBOutlets and IBActions and modify how they appear on screen. How to navigate between different screens and pass data between them using segues and delegates.
- Key Cocoa classes: How to work with key aspects of iOS such as ViewControllers, NavigationControllers, the AppDelegate, TableViews and Core Location.
- Concepts of Object Oriented Programming (OOP): The type system, variables, functions and methods, inheritance, structures, classes and protocols.
- Swift Programming: Understanding key concepts in Apple's new programming language. Including in-depth explanations of optionals, optional binding, force unwrapping, optional chaining, enums, delegation.
- Control Structures: Using If-else clauses, Switch statements and logic to control the flow of execution.
- Data Structures: How to work with collections, such as arrays and dictionaries.
- Software Design: How to organise and format code for readability and how to implement the Model-View-Controller (MVC), delegation and publisher design patterns.
- Networking: How to make asynchronous API calls, store and retrieve data from the cloud, and use the JSON format for server communication.
- SwiftUI: Master the latest UI framework from Apple.
- A Mac running macOS Catalina (10.15)